The Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) Program endeavors to provide a safe transportation system that ensures the mobility of people and goods, enhances economic prosperity, and preserves the quality of our environment and communities.
The TSM&O Program is divided into five areas and a new initiative:
The connected vehicle initiative uses leading edge technologies to quickly identify roadway hazards and alert drivers. Among others, these technologies include:
- Wireless communications
- Vehicle sensors
- Global positioning system navigation
- Promote ITS deployments on Florida's roadways, develop standards, maintain the ITS Strategic Plan, and implement a systems engineering process to support procurement and deployment of ITS
- Deploy advanced traveler information systems and 511
- Develop and update the ITS standards and specifications
- Provide technical support and assistance to FDOT's District Offices and other partners
- Promote and coordinate the statewide use of robust, non-proprietary ITS standards.
Customer Satisfaction Tracking Survey — Cost Feasible Plan — 511 — RTMCs — ITS Strategic Plan — ITS Performance Measures — Amber Alert — Silver Alert — Transit — TSM&O Disseminator — Annual Report Awards/Achievements — Probes — Special Projects— Standards/Specifications — Wrong-way Driving Initiative
- Guide deployment of a communications backbone to serve ITS deployments on major corridors
- Manage and update the Florida ITS Operations Network to support ITS deployments
- Manage the maintenance program for the Florida ITS Operations Network to support ITS deployments and various ITS research and development initiatives
- Manage the Federal Communications Commission statewide radio license database
- Manage the Wireless General Manager Agreement, a resource sharing public/private partnership which places commercial wireless carriers on FDOT rights-of-way, with American Tower Corporation
- Manage the SunGuide ® Software System for freeway and incident management, transportation management center interoperability, and data archiving.
- Manage the Statewide ITS Architecture to promote integrated ITS regions, corridors, and projects.
- Coordinate ITS training to enhance the quality and quantity of the State’s ITS workforce.
- Unified traffic information and management system for the State of Florida ITS traffic data.
- A Technical Memorandum on Adaptive Signal Control Technologies
- Traffic Signal Maintenance and Compensation Agreement
- Statewide Policy, Procedures, Manuals, and Guidance for Managed Lanes Which Includes Express Lanes
- Statewide Toll and Express Lane Team
- Regional Concept of Transportation Operations
- Express Lane Concept of Operations
- Change Management Process for Statewide Express Lane Software
- Statewide Methodology for Determining Ingress/Egress To/From Express Lanes
For additional information, please contact Fred.Heery@dot.state.fl.us