ITS Communications supports telecommunications related to ITS deployment and operations. This program administers contracts and monitors performance using the Communications General Consultant (CGC) contract as well as other stand-alone contracts.
ITS Communications work includes: maintenance and upgrade of existing statewide communications system leases and operating agreements for public/private partnerships for wireless tower development, statewide fiber optic network deployment, and tower co-location requests.
The following lists projects and operations managed by this program:
- Florida ITS Operations Network and Statewide Microwave System
- ITSFM - ITS Facility Management System
- Lodestar Agreement
- 47 MHz Land Mobile Radios
- Licensing and Frequency Coordination
- Highway Advisory Radio (HAR)
For additional information, please contact Kenny Shiver at Kenneth.Shiver@dot.state.fl.us.