FDOT's Central Office Planning Team oversees a wide range of efforts and programs that lay the groundwork for transportation programming and project development.
- Coordinate Florida’s Metropolitan and Non-Metropolitan Planning Processes
- Develop and coordinate policies and training to guide the department’s extensive public involvement processes
- Coordinate corridor planning policies and oversee large scale corridor planning efforts
- Coordinate policy and programming for the Strategic Intermodal System (SIS), the state’s priority transportation network
- Coordinate and establish statewide standards for transportation system modeling to support long range planning
- Collect and maintain core statistics, measures and trends to inform transportation planning, programming and development
- Coordinate and report state and federal performance measures
The Chief Planner oversees FDOT’s Central Office Planning Team which consists of staff in Forecasting & Trends,
Systems Implementation, and Transportation Performance Coordination.
Planning Team Vision: To provide transportation planning that makes Florida the best place to live, work and play.
Planning Team Mission: To provide the foundation for programming and project delivery through innovative planning and effective outreach that will strategically advance the best transportation solutions at the right time.
Planning Team Values: We model the Values of FDOT and constantly strive to be:
- Consistent in processes and approaches to provide clear direction and reliable service
- Collaborative in working with all customers and partners
- Purposeful in everything we do to ensure we maximize the value of planning to FDOT’s programming and project development
- Adaptable so that we adjust with agility and flexibility as our organization and the transportation industry changes