Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM) Training
Target Audience: Geared towards both FDOT and Consultant ETDM Practitioners and FDOT, MPOs, and other state and federal agency personnel involved in the transportation decision making process. Also a good resource for LAP Agency Partners.
Description: The following are on-demand training classes which have been developed to provide viewers with a general understanding of the ETDM Process and the Environmental Screening Tool (EST). The EST is a secure system. Only people performing a specific supporting function with the ETDM Process have access to the the EST. Access must be approved by an ETDM Coordinator. Alternatively, a public version of the EST is located at https://etdmpub.fla-etat.org.
NOTE: No certificates of completion are provided for any of the on-demand courses.
Existing items included in this track:
- ETDM - Process for ETAT - 6/5/2018 - This training provides an overview of the ETDM process specifically for an ETAT agency perspective and discusses expectations when using the EST and filling out the forms.
- ETDM - Process Overview (Video) (PPT) - 10/24/2017 - This training provides an overview of the ETDM process.
- ETDM Alternative Corridor Evaluation (ACE) Process - January 20 and 27, 2021 - This two-part webinar series covers guidance about the ACE process and project-level implementation.
- Environmental Screening Tool (EST) Overview - This training provides an overview of the EST used to facilitate the ETDM process, including the review of projects, map integration, and access to comments and analysis. (3/20/2020 - See the EST Map Viewer section below for updated videos about the EST Map Viewer.)
EST Public Access Site
- EST - Public Access Site - General Navigation - This training provides an overview of the public access site, which allows anyone with internet access to review proposed project information and submit comments to the project sponsor. You can also access comments received from local, state, federal, and tribal partners. (3/20/2020 - See the EST Map Viewer section below for updated videos about the EST Map Viewer.)
- EST - Public Access Site - Subscribing to Project Notifications - This video demonstrates how anyone accessing the EST Public Access Site can subscribe to receive email notifications regarding proposed transportation projects going through review within the ETDM process.
EST Map Viewer
- EST Map Viewer Introduction - 3/20/2020 - This video demonstrates the basic navigation and tools of the EST Map Viewer. (4m:44s)
- Map Loader and Layer Tools - 3/20/2020 - This video shows how to add data layers to your map on the EST Map Viewer. It also provides details about Layer Tools for controlling the order and presentation of a layer and to learn more about the layer. (7m:32s)
- My Maps - 3/20/2020 - This video explains how to create and share custom maps on the EST Map Viewer with other EST users. This feature is only available on the secure EST site. (4m:0s)
- EST Map Viewer Project Loading - 8/27/2021 - This video demonstrates how ETDM projects are listed and displayed in FDOT's Environmental Screening Tool (EST) Map Viewer. (3m:45s)
EST Specific Functions
- EST - Alternative Corridor Evaluation (ACE) - This training provides an overview of the ACE process within ETDM and the EST functions to support it. ACE demonstrates how to review multiple potential transportation solutions with our partners and document the outcomes
- EST - Preliminary Environmental Discussion (PED) and the Advance Notification (AN) - 7/18/2018 - This video provides an overview of the requirements for both the Preliminary Environmental Discussion (PED) and the Advance Notification (AN), instructions on preparing PEDs and ANs, as well as outlines Agency roles in the environmental review process. Guidance on these topics is provided in Part 1, Chapter 3 of the PD&E Manual, which should be reviewed in conjunction with this training
- EST - Class of Action (COA) Recommendation Form - 11/30/2017 - ( PPT) - This training provides an overview to FDOT ETDM Coordinators regarding the submission of the environmental document COA recommendation to the Office of Environmental Management. It runs through the COA Recommendation form as well as provides an overview of the expectations when filling out the form.
- EST - Project Input - This training provides an overview of the EST tools used to enter project geometry and supporting project details. (3/20/2020 - See the separate Project Map Editor video for updated instructions on using the map editor tools.)
- EST - Project Map Editor Tool - 3/20/2020 - This video demonstrates how authorized users create and edit ETDM project features using the EST Map Viewer. (5m:43s) (40 mb)
- EST - Project Map Editor Webinar - 4/3/2020- This recorded webinar provides a demonstration of the project map editor tool. It walks through all the various input components needed to create project geometry of proposed transportation project improvements.
- EST - Participating and Cooperating Agencies - This training provides overview of the EST tools used to manage invitations to cooperating and participating agencies.
- EST - Processing Permit and Technical Studies - 7/3/2019 - This training provides overview of the EST enhancement to allowing the FDOT Districts to review the ETAT identified technical studies and potential permits and show the interface to process their recommendations and supplement with additional information. This is so the information is available during the scoping of the project when its completing the environmental analysis and document development phase.
- EST - Preliminary Environmental Discussion (PED) - This training provides overview of the EST tools used to by project sponsors to provide preliminary assessments to the ETAT and public.
- EST - Sociocultural Data Reports - This training provides an overview of the sociocultural data reports.
Environmental Technical Advisory Tool (ETAT) - Agency Training
- New ETAT Review Tools - 4/14/2021 - This webinar introduced ETAT members to a new version of the EST, modernized to work with the latest internet technology. The webinar provides an overview of the new site and showed ETAT members how to find and use the forms and reports for their ETDM project reviews.
- ETDM Process and EST Training for ETAT - 6/5/2018 - This training provides an overview of the ETDM process specifically for an ETAT agency perspective and discusses expectations when using the EST and filling out the forms.
- EST- ETAT Project Reviews - This training provides overview of the EST tools the state and federal partners use within the EST to perform their project reviews.
- EST - Invoice Module Overview - 3/7/2019 - This video presents an overview of the updated EST Invoicing Module used by funded ETAT agencies. (20m:32s)
- EST - ETAT Permits and Technical Studies - 7/3/2019 - This video presents an overview of Environmental Screening Tool Enhancement to allow the ETAT to identify technical studies and potential permits specifically tied to their agency while reviewing transportation projects during screening events.
- EST - United States Coast Guard (USCG) Tools - This training provides overview of the EST tools developed to support the USCG review within the ETDM process.
Area of Interest Tool
- EST - Area of Interest (AOI) Tool - 3/20/2020 - This training provides an overview of the area of interest tool which allows authorized users the ability to create a point, line or polygon and produce GIS analysis results for the feature and generate reports such as an Sociocultural Data Report (SDR) or cultural resources report. (10m:26s) (108 mb)
- EST - AOI Reports - This training provides an overview of the area of interest tool reports that are generated once a feature is created within the site.
- Environmental PSM Codes and Document Schedule Template - 11/6/2016 - Webinar providing an overview of the environmental project schedule and management (PSM) codes and review of example environmental document schedule templates
For future OEM training opportunities, create an account on our FDOT Contact Mailer and select Environmental Management and Environmental Publications and Updates under the Publications Interest. As training opportunities are available, we will send email notifications out through Contact Mailer.