Office of Environmental Management Training Program
Safety Analysis in PD&E (April 2021)
This webinar provided safety fundamentals and developed a high-level understanding of safety analysis methods included in the HSM, and HSM methods to apply in different situations. Attendees also practiced interpreting and integrating safety analysis results into PD&E process. Simple analysis examples were presented; however, this training is not intended to teach all the details of applying the HSM Predictive Method or crash modification factors.
Materials from the webinar are included below.
- Module 1 Welcome and Logistics (Recording)
- Module 2 Background and Training Objectives (Recording)
- Module 3 Safety Analysis to Support Developing a Purpose and Need (Recording)
- Module 4 Safety Analysis to Support Alternatives Evaluation – CMFs (Recording)
- Module 5 Safety Analysis to Support Alternatives Evaluation – Predictive Method (Recording)
- Module 6 Scoping and Reviewing Safety Analysis (Recording)
- Module 7 Wrap Up (Recording)
- Case Study 1: CS1 – Crash Rates (Excel)
- Case Study 2: CS2 – Existing 2015-2019 with EB (Excel)
- Case Study 3:
- Case Study 4:
- Case Study 5:
Looking for other training opportunities? Visit the OEM Environmental Management Training Academy web page.