National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Assignment Training
Target Audience: Geared toward FDOT NEPA Practitioners and other FDOT staff and consultants that are involved in the NEPA Process.
Description: This track includes areas specific to FDOT's preparation for and role in the NEPA Assignment Program. The material presented during instructor led training in November of 2016 will be accessible until such time as our three part NEPA Assignment CBTs have been fully developed. This training track includes the Statewide Environmental Project Tracking (SWEPT) tool modules used by FDOT staff performing functions under NEPA Assignment. Additional related CBTs, such as Audits and Self Assessments are under development and will be available in Learning Curve once completed.
Existing items included in this track:
- OEM Environmental Document Review and Approval Process - 6/17/2019 WBT - This recording provides an overview of the OEM environmental document review and approval process. It walks the user through initial submittals and comment resolution through final document approval discussing all the steps and expected timelines
- NEPA Assignment Course: Moving Forward with FDOT in the Driver's Seat - [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3][pdf files]
- NEPA Assignment Course: Moving Forward with FDOT in the Driver's Seat - Follow-up Webinar - [ETDM Changes: (recording) (PPT)] [Tracking, Filing, and Records Management: (recording) (PPT)] [SWEPT Overview: (recording) (PPT)] [Self-Assessment and FHWA Audit Support: (recording) (PPT)]
- NEPA Assignment Program Introductory Webinar - PowerPoint - 11/18/2015 [pdf file]
- NEPA Assignment: OEM NEPA Review Process (PowerPoint only)
- NEPA Assignment Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plan Overview WBT Updated May 2020 (FDOT Staff Take from within Learning Curve)
- NEPA Assignment Audit Support WBT Updated May 2020 (FDOT Staff Take from within Learning Curve)
- NEPA Assignment and OEM Self-Assessment WBT Updated May 2020 (FDOT Staff Take from within Learning Curve)
- Performance Measures WBT Updated May 2020 (FDOT Staff Take from within Learning Curve)
- NEPA Project Files and Records Management WBT December 21, 2017 (FDOT Staff Take from within Learning Curve)
- Self-Assessment Kick-Off Webinar - April 29, 2019 (recording) (PPT)
- FHWA Audit Team Training -Audit # 4 - April 29, 2020 (agenda) (video) (PPT) (CE 2 Game board)
- FHWA Audit Team Training -Audit # 3 - May 1, 2019 (agenda) (video) (ppt) (schedule)
- FHWA Audit Team Training May 1, 2018 (agenda) (video) (ppt)
- NEPA Assignment 2018 Self-Assessment Lesson's Learned - September 19, 2018 Overview of 2018 NEPA Assignment Self-Assessment at FDOT. This webinar discusses the lessoned learner through the process and provides guidance on expectations as we move forward.
- Section 106 Programmatic Agreement 2018 Annual Report - September 20, 2018 The following webinar discusses the results from the FDOT OEM 2018 Section 106 Programmatic Agreement Annual Report. It discusses the findings, best practices, and identifies opportunities as the program moves forward.
LAP Training for NEPA Assignment April 2018 - see LAP website for links to training materials
For future OEM training opportunities, create an account on our FDOT Contact Mailer and select
Environmental Management and Environmental Publications and Updates under the Publications Interest. As training opportunities are available, we will send email notifications
out through Contact Mailer.