EMERGENCY TRAVEL ALERT:
For information on the current situation, please visit the following - Alerts.
TEO / Divisions / TSMO / Management and Deployments / Connected Vehicle /
PROJECTS / INITIATIVES
1. I-75 Florida's Regional Advanced Mobility Elements (FRAME) Gainesville
1. US 90 SPaT Tallahassee
2. I-75 Florida's Regional Advanced Mobility Elements (FRAME) Ocala
2. Osceola County Connected Vehicle Signals
3. Florida's Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) SunTrax
4. Gainesville Autobus
5. Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) Connected Vehicle Pilot
6. City of Orlando Greenway/Pedestrian Safety
7. SR 434 Connected Vehicle Deployment
8. Downtown Tampa Autonomous Transit
9. Orlando Smart Community 2017 ATCMTD
10. Voyage at the Villages
11. Implementing Solutions from Transportation Research and Evaluation of Emerging Technologies (I-STREET)
12. Gainesville Signal Phase and Timing (SPaT) Trapezium
As technology continues to rapidly evolve, travelers have grown accustomed to and now expect real-time information that will allow them to make informed decisions.
Autonomous vehicles (AV) are vehicles equipped with advanced sensors (radar, LIDAR, cameras, etc.) and computing abilities to perceive surroundings and activate steering, braking, and acceleration actions without operator input. Through the use of AV and CV applications, safety and mobility for all modes of travel will improve.
The connected vehicle initiative uses leading edge technologies to quickly identify roadway hazards and alert drivers. Among others, these technologies include:
For additional information, please contact Raj Ponnaluri at Raj.Ponnaluri@dot.state.fl.us
© 1996 -
Florida Department of Transportation