US 1 Keys COAST
Major project features include but are not limited to:
- 112.5 miles; Key West to Key Largo; sole access and evacuation route for the Florida Keys
- 51 signals/devices, several transit routes, freight corridor
- 59 Road Side Units
- 250 On-board Units
- Pedestrian and cyclist safety, V2V, drawbridge management, emergency vehicle preemption (EVP), freight signal priority (FSP), transit signal priority (TSP), weigh-in-motion (WIM), and CV Traffic Signal System.
- Automated Traffic Signal Performance (ATSPMs)
- Vehicle detection and ITS field equipment upgrades
- Security Credential Management System use
- Smartphone Application (and potential OBU emulator)
- Dedicated short range communication and cellular vehicle-to-everything capable, not dual active
- Signals are operated and maintained by District 6
For additional information, please contact Yamilet Diaz at Yamilet.Diaz@dot.state.fl.us.