to the Florida Department of Transportation's Traffic Information site. This site provides statistical traffic information for Florida's State Highway System. The Transportation Data and Analytics Office coordinates the collection of traffic data
on all State highways and many highways not on the State Highway System. Depending on location, traffic data may include daily counts, vehicle classification, speeds, weight, directional factor, truck factor, and design hour factor.
The Traffic Data Section operates a network of around 300 continuous traffic monitoring sites for daily transmittal to the Transportation Data and Analytics Office. The Section also coordinates the collection of short-duration traffic studies at thousands of sites by District personnel. Traffic data is collected from January through December of each year, and then converted into annual statistics during the 1st quarter of the next year. The annual traffic statistics are posted to the website by April of each year.
Statewide Traffic Data Files
- Archive of Statewide Traffic Impacts (in .PDF format)
- Archive of Daily Traffic Volume files (in .CSV format)
- When downloading data, please enter Guest as the user. No password is required.
- Florida Traffic Online - A web-based mapping application that provides traffic count site locations and historical traffic count data. Traffic data is updated annually each April.
- Real-Time Traffic Information - A web-based mapping application that provides real-time traffic count information ( PLEASE NOTE: This data is only activated during emergencies such as hurricane, wildfire, etc.).
- Non-Motorized Traffic Monitoring Program - Bicycle and pedestrian (Non-Motorized) volume data and supporting statistics.
- Florida Transportation Information DVD - This legacy product contains a variety of historical transportation data from 1999 to 2016. As of 2017, the FTI DVD and Florida Traffic Information CD are no longer being published and only a limited quantity of each is available. To request one of these legacy products, please use the online form here: FTI DVD Request Form.
- Florida Traffic Information (FTI) Database - The previous year’s Microsoft Access databases (.MDB) used historically by the FTI DVD and Florida Traffic Information CD are available here: FTI.mdb (ZIP 102 MB)
- Traffic Data Shapefiles - GIS shapefiles of AADT, Truck AADT, etc. Contact: Mark Welsh, 850-414-4722
- Traffic Monitoring Handbook - PDF 6 MB - July 2018 - How to perform traffic data collection. Contact: Joey Gordon, 850-414-4005
- Project Traffic Forecasting Handbook - How to forecast traffic for analysis of future highway projects. Contact: Jenna Bowman, 850-414-4909
- SPS Manual PDF 3 MB - Survey Processing Software user manual. Contact: Joey Gordon, 850-414-4005
- Daily Vehicle Miles Traveled Reports - Annual summary of traffic data by county and highway facility. Contact: Eric Brickner, 850-414-4873
For further information contact CO FTI Team or phone (850) 414-4718