Geographic Information System (GIS)
TDA's Spatial Data & Analytics section maintains the official FDOT linear referencing system of all roads in the Roadway Characteristics Inventory (RCI) database. It is also responsible for the production and maintenance of the Federal
Aid Highway maps; numerous GIS data layers; and custom GIS tools and applications.
Available Shapefiles/Metadata for download:
Roadway Characteristic Data - Shapefiles of GIS Road Data Layers:
The links below contain shapefiles representing roadway characteristics. The data is provided statewide in WinZip format and is updated weekly. The data projection is UTM 17, and the datum is NAD 83.
Combination Truck Data
The link below contains shapefiles of combination truck counts. The data is provided statewide in WinZip format and is updated annually. The data projection is UTM 17, and the datum is NAD 83
Combination Truck Traffic Volume
Bicycle and Pedestrian Data - Shapefiles of GIS Bicycle and Pedestrian Data Layers:
The links below contain shapefiles of various bike lanes and sidewalk data. The data is provided statewide in WinZip format and is updated weekly.
Geodatabases - combination of all GIS data layers provided in two formats (Personal and File formats):
Geodatabases containing feature classes for all available shapefiles are provided in file geodatabase and personal geodatabase formats. The file geodatabase can be used with ArcGIS version 9.2 or later, while the personal geodatabase is supported by all versions of ArcGIS.
Both geodatabases include layer (*.lyr) files for each feature class that are intended to provide enhanced, easy to use symbolization. In order to utilize the layer files, they must exist in the same directory as the geodatabase. Layer files can be added to ArcMap by dragging them from ArcCatalog or Windows Explorer, or by utilizing the “Add Data” button.
File Geodatabase - ArcGIS 9.2 or higher - 204 MB Zip File
Personal Geodatabase - MS Access and All versions of ArcGIS - 299 MB Zip File
Historical Data Historical data is available in file geodatabase format for July of each year dating back to 2011.Historical Data
Other Resources - ArcGIS Online, Open Data Hub, Florida Traffic Online, Planning Maps:
Here you will find links to various GIS based resources, e.g. Applications, Maps, etc.
- FDOT ArcGIS Online - FDOT's enterprise ArcGIS online account.
- FDOT ArcGIS Online Feature Layers (TDA) - Transportation Data and Analytics hosted feature layers in FDOT's enterprise ArcGIS online account.
- FDOT Open Data Hub - One stop shop for Florida Department of Transportation Open GIS Data
- FDOT's Unified Basemap Repository - Contains shapefiles for Florida intersections and the State Safety Office's Statewide Crash Data and Rates.
- Florida Traffic Online - a web-based mapping application that provides traffic count site locations and historical traffic count data. Traffic data is updated annually each April.
- City-to-City Mileage - FDOT's Official Highway Mileage Viewer.
- GIS Application Manager - The Transportation Data & Analytics GIS Application Manager is used to easily install, uninstall, and update the various GIS customizations provided by the Transportation Data and Analytics Office . It consists of a desktop application used for the installation of the GIS customizations, as well as an ArcMap extension used to alert users about new or updated applications. To acquire the GIS Application Manager, please send us your request via email.
- Planning Maps - All of the full-page maps are high resolution PDF files. Small map details can be viewed clearly by using the "zoom-in" tool (magnifying glass icon) to select and enlarge the desired area.
For further questions regarding this data, please contact:
RCI Data: CO-TDI@dot.state.fl.us
GIS Data: CO-TDAGIS@dot.state.fl.us