The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) develops the Rail System Plan to guide the state’s rail freight and passenger transportation planning activities and project development plans. This Plan:
- complies with Section 341.302(3), Florida Statutes, which require an identification of priorities, programs, and funding levels required to meet statewide and regional goals.
- meets the requirements embodied in the Federal Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act (PRIIA), as amended by the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) of 2015, and in the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) State Rail Plan Guidance.
- describes the state’s existing rail network, its challenges and opportunities, and rail-related economic and socio-environmental impacts of each rail mode.
- includes Florida’s Rail Vision and Supporting Goals, along with both proposed publicly sponsored short and long-range capital improvements and policy recommendations to achieve the Vision and Goals.
Rail System Plan Update
FDOT has begun the Rail System Plan update process! Please click here to register for the June 16th statewide webinar and visit the Regional Listening Session page to view previous presentations!
The current Rail System Plan is broken into an Executive Summary, the full plan, and detailed appendices. Click each line below to view the plan!
- Executive Summary
- 2015 Rail System Plan - Updated 2018
- 2015 Rail System Plan Appendices - Updated 2018