The FDOT Freight & Rail Office completed the Freight Mobility & Trade Plan (FMTP) update in Spring 2020! The FMTP is a comprehensive plan that identifies freight transportation facilities critical to the state’s economic growth
and guides multimodal freight investments in the state. The FMTP update will drive innovation in order to provide a safe, efficient, and resilient transportation system that enhances Florida’s economy and communities while preserving the quality
of our environment.
Freight Mobility and Trade Plan
The FMTP update consolidates content into a visual state freight plan suitable for all audiences, and a series of technical memorandums that address all requirements and provide additional detail. The plan was designed to be modular so content is refreshed
seamlessly in future updates. The Investment Element is updated at least annually to account for the latest projects.
Click each line below to view the plan!
- Freight Mobility and Trade Plan
- Technical Memorandum 1 Policies, Performance Measures and Outreach
- Technical Memorandum 2 Systems and Assets
- Technical Memorandum 3 Performance and Conditions
- Technical Memorandum 4 Trends
- Technical Memorandum 5 Needs, Issues and Scenario Planning
- Technical Memorandum 6 Project Prioritization and Selection
- Technical Memorandum 7 Investment Element (Updated November 2022)
- Technical Memorandum 8 Recommendations, Funding and Implementation
- Technical Memorandum 9 Action Plan
- Technical Memorandum 10 FHWA Division Review Checklist
- FMTP Acronyms