FDOT's Central Office Planning Team oversees a wide range of efforts and programs that lay the groundwork for transportation programming and project development. The Planning Division is committed to achieving the goals set forth by Secretary Thibault's focus on the Vital Few, which among others include improving safety, enhancing mobility, and inspiring innovation.
- Coordinate Florida’s Metropolitan and Non-Metropolitan Planning Processes
- Develop and coordinate policies and training to guide the department’s extensive public involvement processes
- Coordinate corridor planning policies and oversee large scale corridor planning efforts
- Coordinate policy and programming for the Strategic Intermodal System (SIS), the state’s priority transportation network
- Coordinate and establish statewide standards for transportation system modeling to support long range planning
- Collect and maintain core statistics, measures and trends to inform transportation planning, programming and development
- Coordinate and report state and federal performance measures
The Chief Planner oversees FDOT’s Central Office Planning Team which consists of staff in Forecasting & Trends,
Systems Implementation, and Transportation Performance Coordination.
Planning Team Vision: To provide transportation planning that makes Florida the best place to live, work and play.
Planning Team Mission: To provide the foundation for programming and project delivery through innovative planning and effective outreach that will strategically advance the best transportation solutions at the right time.
Planning Team Values: We model the Values of FDOT and constantly strive to be:
- Consistent in processes and approaches to provide clear direction and reliable service
- Collaborative in working with all customers and partners
- Purposeful in everything we do to ensure we maximize the value of planning to FDOT’s programming and project development
- Adaptable so that we adjust with agility and flexibility as our organization and the transportation industry changes