Subscribe to our FDOT Contact Management Subscription Service to receive the most current notices, bulletins, memoranda, and other important information. Submit FDOT Structures Manual questions, comments, or suggestions by email to: Ben.Goldsberry@dot.state.fl.us
2022 Structures Manual
The Structures Manual can be accessed online or by downloading and installing it on your computer. Both methods are available below.
Read the Distribution Memo before viewing or downloading the Structures Manual
Distribution Memo November 1, 2021
Please note the following differences between online viewing versus downloading and installing:
Links between the Volumes will malfunction and viewing may be slower depending on internet speed.
This is the recommended method of viewing the Structures Manual.
Downloading and running the executable file does the following:
- Saves all Volumes and Appendices in a single folder which allows navigation between PDFs.
- Adds an icon on your desktop which you can then click to launch the Structures Manual.
Launching the Structures Manual with the icon opens the Introduction PDF which includes links to each Volume.
Administrative privileges may be required to run the executable file (Contact your local IT support specialist for guidance).
Instructions are provided below to manually accomplish the installation without running the executable file.
Links to view the Structures Manual online:
Link to install the Structures Manual on your computer:
Instructions to manually install the Structures Manual without downloading and running the executable file:
1. Create a folder named: "2022 StructuresManual", (include only the text and underbars between the " " quote marks).
2. Open each PDF file from the links above and select "save as", to save the file in the folder created in step 1.
3. DO NOT change the file or folder names, as this will cause the links to malfunction. The folder/file structure specified above replicates the folder structure and format provided in the executable, allowing the links to function properly.
4. If desired, a shortcut may be created to link to the Structures Manual Introduction PDF, which will then operate much like the downloaded .exe version. Otherwise, the PDF files can be accessed from the 2022 Structures Manual folder.
Note that saving the files in this fashion will not automatically create the FDOT Structures Manual shortcut icon on your desktop or start menu. Once downloaded, if any modifications are made to the files they are no longer considered an official document. The only accepted official version of the Structures Manual is the original document(s) that are provided on the Structures Manual Website.