The Strategic Development Financial & Administrative Services Team (SD-FAST) office consist the following components: Sourcing, Contract Management, Vendor Management, Human Resources, Work Program and Budget, Property, and Administration
for the Chief Technology Officer and the Assistant Secretary for Strategic Development. SD-FAST manages the following functions:
- Sourcing negotiates non-legal items such as statements of work, service levels and pricing for all vendors. They also purchase Information Technology (IT) hardware, software, communications and services.
This section is responsible for advertising request for quotes (RFQ’s) to vendors, and E-quotes through MyFloridaMarketPlace (MFMP) for staff augmentation.
- Contract Management ensures the contract management process encompasses the entire contract lifecycle (creation, review, negotiation, revision, renewal, and termination. Define and enforce agreed upon
service levels. Outline an approach to measure vendor performance. Reviews, process, authorize and ensure timely payments of vendor invoices. Manages contracts from beginning to end to make sure all contractual
obligations are met.
- Vendor Management maintains effective relations with vendors by identifying gaps, and defining ways to improve relationships. Guide the proper level of executive involvement including both sides of vendor
relationship. Define performance metrics and targets and align with service levels. Ensure performance assessment criteria is visible and clearly understood by the vendor. Develop relationship with and understand the needs
of business offices and stakeholders.
- Human Resources is the central point of contact for Strategic Development needs. Updates or creates position description or request for personnel action forms. Obtains appropriate authorizing signatures.
Track and reports HR actions.
- Work Program and Budget builds the five-year work program for Planning, Transportation Technology, statewide Freight, Logistics and Passenger Operations (FLP) offices, Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) for
modes, and the Florida Rail Enterprise (FRE). Creates spending plan based on allocated funds. Tracks spending and encumbrances through-out the year and develops program targets.
- Property processing inventory assigned to the team for IT and FLP.
- Administration supports FDOT managers and staff with day to day purchasing, travel, and administrative activities