Federal Aid Roads are those on the National Highway System (NHS) or functionally classified as Urban Collector / Rural Major Collector, or higher. They are eligible for federal aid from the Federal Highway Administration for disaster
recovery and other purposes. We update reports and maps on Federal Aid Roads monthly, using data in the Department's Roadway Characteristics Inventory.
When downloading data, or viewing maps or metadata, please enter Guest as the user. No password is required.
Reports and Maps
The Federal Aid Road Report includes mile-by-mile data on federal aid status, county, district, functional classification, federal system (such as NHS), Interstate or US route number, State or County Road number, local name, and the
mile point and description of the cross road at each end of each listed segment. The report does not include roads that are planned but unbuilt, physically removed, or recorded under a different roadway identifier.
A map for each county is available, showing the federal aid designations currently in effect. Each is available with and without a grid overlaid on the map. You may just view these, or save them to your computer.
- Federal Aid Road Report (August 2023) (PDF, 19.27 MB) - For viewing and printing
- Federal Aid Road Report (August 2023) (XLSX, 2.56 MB) - Excel suitable for changes like resorting or subdivision.
- Federal Aid Highway Maps with Latitude/Longitude Grid overlay
- Federal Aid Highway Maps with U.S. National Grid overlay
- Federal Aid Highway Maps without any reference grid
- Federal Aid Highway System Shapefile (6.07 MB Zip File)
- Federal Aid-Essentials for Local Public Roads
For further information contact Eric Brickner or phone (850) 414-4873