Per Florida Statute 341.302, the Department is directed to address the opening and closing of public grade crossings as part of the duties and responsibilities to develop and implement a rail program of statewide application designed to ensure the
proper maintenance, safety, revitalization, and expansion of the rail system to assure its continued and increased availability to respond to statewide mobility needs.
- Rule: 14-57.012 Public Railroad-Highway Grade Crossings - Opening and Closure
- Rail Crossing Application - Opening
- Rail Crossing Application - Closure
- Opening-Closure Program Outline
- Opening-Closure Program Process
Contact us for information about the process or to submit applications.
Freight and Rail Planner