March 1 to March 31, 2023
Project Progress: 34% of time elapsed
- Continuing construction of the replacement bridge’s main bascule piers
- Demolishing the existing bridge
- The US 1 bridge between CR A1A and Jupiter Cove Drive will be closed for approximately 20 months beginning on March 13, 2023. Traffic will be detoured to Alternate A1A as follows:
- Northbound motorists will go west on Indiantown Road to Alternate A1A, then go north on Alternate A1A to US 1.
- Southbound motorists will go south on Alternate A1A to Indiantown Road, then go east on Indiantown Road to US 1.
- No daytime lane closures will occur along the detour route on US 1, Indiantown Road, Alternate A1A and SR A1A.
The SR 706/Indiantown Road Bridge will not have openings from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning on March 13, 2023, until September 7, 2023. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov.