May 1 to May 31, 2023
Project Progress: 36% of time elapsed
- Pile driving to install the bridge’s foundations
- Continuing construction of the replacement bridge’s main bascule piers
- Constructing the bridge tender house
- Demolishing the existing bridge
- The US 1 bridge between CR A1A and Jupiter Cove Drive is closed through fall 2024. Traffic is being detoured as follows to Alternate A1A:
- Northbound motorists will go west on Indiantown Road to Alternate A1A, then go north on Alternate A1A to US 1.
- Southbound motorists will go south on Alternate A1A to Indiantown Road, then go east on Indiantown Road to US 1.
- No daytime lane closures will occur along the detour route on US 1, Indiantown Road, Alternate A1A and SR A1A.
The SR 706/Indiantown Road Bridge will not have openings from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday until September 7, 2023. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov.