The Freight Mobility & Trade Plan (FMTP) is a comprehensive plan that identifies freight transportation facilities critical to the state’s economic growth and guides multimodal freight investments in the state.
To receive funding under the National Highway Freight Program (23 U.S.C. 167), the FAST Act requires the development of a state freight plan which must comprehensively address the state’s freight planning activities and investments both immediate and long-range. The recent Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) includes several new required elements for State Freight Plans, establishes new priorities States are required to consider in carrying out activities under the State Freight Plan, clarifies the State Freight Plan approval process, and modifies the length of the update cycle for State Freight Plans from every five years to every four years.
Bringing together the perspectives and knowledge of public and private partners, including shippers, carriers, and infrastructure owners and operators, is necessary for developing a comprehensive and relevant State Freight Plan.
Thank you for joining us at our regional outreach events throughout June 2023 to learn more about the FMTP and participate in breakout sessions to help inform the Freight Mobility and Trade Plan 2024 update!
- Click here for a copy of the Regional Outreach presentations
- Click here to take the post-meeting survey
Freight Mobility and Trade Plan
The currently approved FMTP includes a visual state freight plan suitable for all audiences, and a series of technical memorandums that address all requirements and provide additional detail. The Investment Element is updated as needed to show the latest
projects for National Highway Freight Program funding.
- Freight Mobility and Trade Plan
- Technical Memorandum 1 Policies, Performance Measures and Outreach
- Technical Memorandum 2 Systems and Assets
- Technical Memorandum 3 Performance and Conditions
- Technical Memorandum 4 Trends
- Technical Memorandum 5 Needs, Issues and Scenario Planning
- Technical Memorandum 6 Project Prioritization and Selection
- Technical Memorandum 7 Investment Element (Updated November 2022)
- Technical Memorandum 8 Recommendations, Funding and Implementation
- Technical Memorandum 9 Action Plan
- Technical Memorandum 10 FHWA Division Review Checklist
- FMTP Acronyms