Notice of Funding Opportunities
The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) periodically issues Notices of Federal Opportunities (NOFO) soliciting applications for federal discretionary grant programs. These grant programs provide opportunities to fund, for example, construction ready projects that align with the grant goals and eligibility requirements. Each grant program has its own goals, eligibility requirements, and award amounts, and projects selected for grant applications must align with the grant criteria. Examples of federal discretionary grant programs include the Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA) grants and the Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE). More information on these and many other grants can be found on the U.S. Department of Transportation Grants program page.
Local governments are encouraged to apply for federal discretionary grants, as it is in the best interest of the state to maximize federal discretionary grant dollars to fund improvements to Florida’s transportation system.
Fall 2022 Grant Information Sessions
Grant Information sessions are intended to ensure our local partners are prepared with the knowledge, data, and resources to apply for and be direct recipients of federal discretionary funds. FDOT staff and guest panelists presented a Kick-off Webinar to our Fall Grant Information Sessions on Friday, August 26. The webinar recording and slides are available on the links below along with a registration link for the in-person Grant Information Sessions.
The in-person Grant Information sessions will be held in September and October. Review the Regional Grant meetings flyer to find a session near you.
Registration Link - Grant Information Session
FDOT’s Office of Policy Planning monitors Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs) and coordinates project identification and grant applications with District Federal Grant Coordinators for state projects. District staff will coordinate with local governments and other partners on state grant applications, as needed.
Letters of Consistency
Letters of consistency from FDOT can be provided with grant applications to demonstrate a local project is consistent with the adopted Work Program and the Florida Transportation Plan. To request a letter of consistency from FDOT for an upcoming discretionary grant application, please contact the appropriate district staff below:
- District 1
- Counties: Charlotte, Collier, De Soto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Lee, Manatee, Okeechobee, Polk, and Sarasota.
- District 2
- Counties: Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwannee, Taylor, and Union.
- District 3
- Counties: Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington.
- District 4
- Counties: Broward, Indian River, Martin, Palm Beach, and St. Lucie.
- District 5
- Counties: Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia.
- District 6
- Counties: Miami-Dade and Monroe.
- District 7
- Counties: Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas.
If your organization is awarded a Federal Discretionary Grant and are seeking additional guidance on compliance, we invite you to visit the FDOT Local Programs Federal Discretionary Grants page.