Welcome to the Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) Web site for information on clean air initiatives related to transportation. This Web page will be used to provide information and resources regarding how transportation facilities and services in Florida impact air quality. Please direct any questions to The Office of Policy Planning.
FDOT Air Quality Fact Sheet (May 13, 2021)
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) - DEP's Division of Air Resource Management helps protect, conserve and restore Florida's air, with the goal of protecting the health of Florida's residents.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality and Office of Air and Radiation develop national programs, technical policies, and regulations for controlling air pollution and radiation exposure.
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) - FHWA's Air Quality Team provides technical assistance, technology deployment and training in the field of transportation and air quality.
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) - FTA offers guidance and information on Transit's Role in Environmental Sustainability, including improving air quality.
- Transportation Research Board – Transportation Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Committee - a committee of the TRB dedicated to transportation-related air quality issues.
- Center for Environmental Excellence by AASHTO - Maintained by the American Associates of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), the Center for Environmental Excellence provides products and programs related to the environment and transportation, including air quality.