The Florida Department of Transportation’s Internship Program offers students an exciting insider's view of the transportation industry and an opportunity to develop skills and techniques directly applicable to their professional development. Potential internships in the career fields below (and more):
STATUS: The Application Window is Closed.
2021 - 2022 Internship Calendar
(The below dates are subject to change.)
August 2, 2021 - August 22, 2021
November 8, 2021 - December 5, 2021
April 4, 2022 - April 24, 2022
Pay: This is a paid internship program. The hourly pay scale is based on the student's current academic status and is limited to an average of 10 hours per week. Pay scale as follows:
Sophomore (30 - 60 earned credit hours)
Junior (61 - 90 earned credit hours)
Senior (91 - 120 earned credit hours)
In order to apply, you must be:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Academic status of Sophomore or above
- Authorized to work in the United States
**All internship opportunities will be in-person with no teleworking option.
How to Apply:
- Download the application by clicking here (Word
Document) or here (PDF).
- Review the advertisement here and
notate all positions that you are interested in applying for during the advertisement window.
- Read the instructions at the top of the advertisements and ensure that you notate the advertisement number of the position(s) you wish to be considered for in your application. An example of an advertisement number is 559908**.
**NOTE: Please complete the entire application. You may list multiple advertisement numbers on your application to be considered for multiple positions. An incomplete application or late submission will not be considered.
- Email the application and any supporting documents to email@example.com or via fax to (850) 414-5299.
**NOTE: If you are a University of Florida student, please submit your application using an email address other than your UF school email address (JohnDoeExample@UF....) as it will not be delivered to our system. There may be other schools with similar constraints, so if you are notified that your application was undeliverable, please resubmit with a different email address.
Please be aware that the application review process may take a few weeks after the close of the application window. For more information on how to apply, contact the Human Resources Office at (850) 414-5300.