Traffic Engineering and Operations Office
ITS Communications supports telecommunications related to ITS deployment and operations. This program administers contracts and monitors performance using the Communications General Consultant (CGC) contract as well as other stand-alone contracts.
ITS Communications work includes: maintenance and upgrade of existing statewide communications system leases and operating agreements for public/private partnerships for wireless tower development, statewide fiber optic network deployment, and tower co-location requests.
The following lists projects and operations managed by this program:
- Statewide ITS Communications Network and Statewide Microwave System
- ITSFM - ITS Facility Management System
- Lodestar Agreement
- 47 MHz Land Mobile Radios
- Licensing and Frequency Coordination
- Highway Advisory Radio (HAR)
For additional information, please contact Randy Pierce at Randy.Pierce@dot.state.fl.us.