State Safety Office
- Crash Data: documents the time, location, environment, and characteristics (e.g., sequence of events, rollover, etc.) of a crash
- Roadway Data: Component includes roadway location, identification, and classification, as well as a description of a road's total physical characteristics and usage.
- Driver Data: information about the State's population of licensed drivers as well as information about convicted traffic violators who are not licensed in that State.
- Vehicle Data: includes information on the identification and ownership of vehicles registered in the State.
- Citation/Adjudication Data: identifies citation/arrest and adjudication activity of the State, includes information that tracks a citation from the time of its distribution to a law enforcement officer, through its issuance to an offender, its disposition, and the posting of conviction in the driver history database.
- Statewide Injury Surveillance System (SWISS) Data: incorporates pre-hospital (EMS), trauma, emergency department (ED), hospital in-patient/discharge, rehabilitation and morbidity databases to track injury causes, magnitude, costs, and outcomes.
- Maintains authority to review Florida's highway safety data and traffic records systems;
- Provides a forum for the discussion of highway safety data and traffic records issues and makes reports to the agencies and the organizations in the State that create, maintain, and use highway safety data and traffic records;
- Considers and coordinates the views of organizations in the State that are involved in the administration, collection, and use of the highway safety data and traffic records system;
- Represents the interests of the agencies and organizations within the traffic records system to outside organizations;
- Reviews and evaluates new technologies to keep the highway safety data and traffic records systems up-to-date.
- Assists TRCC members applying for public and private funds to support and improve traffic records;
- Approves Florida's annual Section 405 application submitted by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration;
- Approves expenditures of Section 405 funds received by the FDOT; and
- Reviews and approves the annual Florida Strategic Plan for Traffic Records.
Additional information in regards to the TRCC, can be found on the TRCC website at www.fltrafficrecords.com.
For more information contact Melissa Gonzalez @ (850)414-4116