This page is being used to provide the latest information on the Transportation Regional Incentive Program (TRIP).
The 2005 Legislature, as part of a major initiative to improve growth management planning and the provision of transportation
infrastructure, created this program to help accomplish that objective.
TRIP was created to improve regionally significant transportation facilities in "regional transportation areas". State funds are available throughout Florida to provide incentives for local governments and the private sector to help pay for critically needed projects that benefit regional travel and commerce. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will pay up to 50 percent of the non-federal share of project costs for public transportation facility projects.
Joint participation Agreement (JPA)and Sample Interlocal Agreement
- TRIP JPA - FDOT Letting (updated 9/8/15)- for TRIP projects where the Department will be doing the work. For these types of projects, a third party Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) will also be required id the local match is being deposited into an escrow account. This is required if the amount to be deposited is more than $100,000.00.
- TRIP JPA - Local Letting (updated 9/8/15) - For TRIP Projects where a local agency is doing the work and no federal funds are used or plan to be used on the project. Please not that for TRIP projects that will be let locally and involve federal funds, Districts are advised to use the standard Local Agency Program (LAP) agreement.
- Sample Memorandum of Agreement
- Sample TRIP Interlocal Agreement
- Work Program Instructions for Transportation Regional Incentive Program
- 2016 Florida Statutes - Transportation Regional Incentive Program
For more information regarding Transportation Regional Incentive Program, Please contact your
District Local Programs Office
For immediate assistance please contact
State Local Programs Administrator