Systems Planning Office
Throughout the year the Florida Department of Transportation Systems Management Section of the Systems Planning Office provides training programs to educate Districts, counties, and consultants on new techniques and updated information on various topics. On-site (in person) training events around the state, regular live webinar training, recorded webinars, presentations, and self guided training are provided.
Recorded Webinars, Presentations, and Self Guided Training
- Introduction to Access Management Concepts
- Safety and Access Management
- Implementation of Access Management
- The Benefits of Restrictive Medians in 3 Minutes
- Dumb Access Management Tricks
- Introduction to the Median Handbook
- Driveway Handbook Introduction
Interchange Access Requests
Transportation Site Impact
- Trip Generation - Online resources
- FDOT Trip Generation Recommendations Webinar
- Trip Generation Basics & Pitfalls
- Recorded training made before the latest ITE Trip Generation reports, but still a good overview of the basics.
Quality/Level of Service
- Generalized Service Volume Table Training
- Input Variables and Data Sources Training
- Traffic Model Benefits, Limitations, and Data Requirements
To receive page update notifications, please sign up for the FDOT Contact Manager.
(Instructions - How to use Contact DOT Manager.pdf)