This Office also administers the 17 Construction Self Study Courses and exams. Copies of the self-study manuals are available from the Department’s Maps and Publications Office. Self study courses are also available as a free download from the CTQP website.
The 17 self-study courses are:
1. Construction Math
2. Construction Plans Reading
3. Pipe Placement
4. Portland Cement Concrete Testing
5. Hot Mix Asphalt Paving Inspection
6. Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Inspection
7. Hot Mix Asphalt Testing Inspection
8. Structures I
9. Structures II
10. Utility Relocation, Clearing and Grubbing
12. Subgrade and Base
13. Tutorial Program
14. Landscape Inspection
15. Critical Structures Construction Issues
16. Auger Cast Pile CBT (Opens in New Window)
17. MSE Wall CBT (Opens in New Window)
Contractor or Consultant employees are strongly encouraged to learn the information contained in the self-study courses, but only FDOT employees will be given the written examinations.
FDOT employees can contact one of the nine DCTAs or the State Construction Training Administrator 850-414-4492 for a written exam.