Aviation and Spaceports Office
- In accordance with Chapter 330, Florida Statutes, we regulate Florida’s 751 civilian airports through public airport inspection and licensing, and private airport registration
- In accordance with Chapter 331, Florida Statutes, we support Space Florida facility planning and funding.
- In accordance with Chapter 332, Florida Statutes, we:
- Develop and maintain the Florida Aviation System Plan and aviation activity forecasts.
- Promote the development and improvement of Florida’s airports and spaceports.
- Provide information and outreach to local governments, other state agencies, the general public, legislators and members of Congress and federal agencies such as the Federal Aviation Administration.
- In accordance with Chapter 333, Florida Statutes, we analyze airspace obstructions and permit construction within ten nautical miles of public airports until the permitting authority has been assumed by local government.