Basis of Estimates Manual
The Basis of Estimates is a design tool. It is not a contract document. All requirements, measurement, and payment details need to be included in the contract documents: plans, design standards, and/or specifications. Refer to the Introduction and Chapter 6 for additional information regarding the use of the BOE and specific pay item details.
BOE Notes - Summary of recent specification and pay items changes. As of 03/17/2021.
- Registration for updates is available through the Contact Database.
- Check the Estimates Bulletins, and Roadway Design Bulletins for updates
- Contact FDOT-PayItems@dot.state.fl.us for questions or issues. See Chapter 6 for requesting pay items.
|Chapter Number||Title||Last Updated|
|Cover||Cover Page for 2021||11-1-2020|
|Chapter 1||Updates and Registration||11-1-2020|
|Chapter 2||Units of Measure||2-4-2021|
|Chapter 3||Engineer's Estimates||2-4-2021|
|Chapter 4||Pay Items and Estimates for Alternative Contracts||11-1-2020|
|Chapter 5||Contact Lists||11-1-2020|
|Chapter 6||Pay Item Development Process|
Activating/Opening Pay Items
Requesting New Items
Generic Pay Items for Utilities
Developmental Pay Items
|Chapter 7||Design Tools||11-1-2020|
|Chapter 8 Boxes||Summary Boxes: For use with projects designed using Civil 3D 2020 or SS10. Follow FDM 304, 2020 Edition.||2-4-2021|
|Chapter 8 Tables||Summary Tables: For use with projects designed using Civil 3D 2021 or ORD. Follow FDM 902, 2021 Edition. Ongoing updates to Summary Tables by CADD Office; use current CADD release files.||5-5-2021|
|Chapter 10||Formatting Pay Items||11-1-2020|
This is the active database within Design Quantities and Estimates (DQE) system for the BOE and pay item maintenance. No Login or userID required. Description of Item ranges below.
- Items 000 to 199: MOT, Erosion Control, Litter Removal, Mowing, Earthwork
- Items 200 to 299: Base Courses
- Items 300 to 399: Surface Courses and Concrete Pavement
- Items 400 to 499: Structures, Drainage, Foundations
- Items 500 to 599: Incidental Construction, Curb, Sidewalk, Guardrail, Crash Cushions, Fencing, Turf
- Items 600 to 699: Traffic Control Signals and Devices, Conduit, Midblock Crosswalks, Traffic Monitoring Sites
- Items 700 to 799: Signing, Pavement Markings, Lighting
- Items 800 to 899: Mass Transit
- Items 900 to 999: Developmental and Special Pay Items
- Items 1000 to 1999: Utilities