P & H Street Railway Company - The First Streetcar Line in Palatka Late 1890s

 

The First Streetcar Line (45 k)

 

The City of Palatka issued a charter to William P. Craig to operate the Palatka and Heights Street Railway Company on March 30, 1888. The mule-drawn streetcar line, under the city's ordinance, could not charge more than five cents a mile. The P&H Street Railway Company went out of business in 1906 when it could not afford to electrify.