Statewide Acceleration Transformation (SWAT) Process
On-demand SWAT Training
- SWAT Module 1: Overview of the Statewide Acceleration Transformation (SWAT) Process - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course provides a broad overview of the SWAT Process.
- SWAT Module 2: Long-Range Transportation Planning and the FDOT Work Program Development Cycle - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course provides an understanding of Long-Range Transportation Planning activities in Florida, to show how the SWAT Process supports and informs programming decisions made during FDOT’s annual Work Program Development Cycle.
- SWAT Module 3: The SWAT Planning Meeting - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course explains how Districts collect and evaluate unfunded “candidate projects” to inform their Work Program development.
- SWAT Module 4: The SWAT Strategy Meeting - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course explains how qualifying projects selected for the Five-Year Work Program are further evaluated to optimize an individual approach strategy for each project. We also discuss activities which advance projects before commencement of PD&E and Design Phases.
- SWAT Module 5: The SWAT Kick-off Meeting - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course explains the timing, purpose, and proceedings of the SWAT Kick-off Meeting, including scope development and preparation for Consultant Acquisition activities to initiate the PD&E Phase –including Design services. It also covers the completion of any remaining Pre-PD&E activities, and finally discusses PD&E Scheduling activities.
- SWAT Module 6: After the SWAT Kick-off Meeting - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course explains activities that continue after the SWAT Kick-off Meeting, to ensure that the subject project is ready to start the PD&E Phase on time.
- SWAT Module 7: SWAT Benefits to FDOT as a Project Management and Staff Development Process - 6/2020 - (Video) - This course shows how Statewide Acceleration Transformation, as a process, provides a flexible and consistent systems-approach benefiting FDOT Project Management at the District level. When thoughtfully implemented, SWAT also provides an excellent platform to develop knowledgeable and seasoned staff – leading to future FDOT managers, and SWAT also encourages personal interactions and a team environment through collaboration among disciplines.
For future OEM training opportunities, create an account on our FDOT Contact Mailer and select Environmental Management and Environmental Publications and Updates under the Publications Interest. As training opportunities are available, we will send email notifications out through Contact Mailer.