Office of Environmental Management Training Program
NEPA Onboarding for FDEP Recreational Trail Program (RTP) Grant Recipients
On October 20, 2020, OEM provided training about National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) expectations to FHWA grant recipients of FDEP’s Recreational Trail Program. You can find the session videos and presentations by clicking the links below.
Overview of NEPA and Expectations for Type 1 Categorical Exclusions (CEs)
SWEPT Overview and Type 1 CE Demonstration
Questions and Answer Session
Full Webinar Recording (Video)
PD&E (NEPA) Manual - Links to the PD&E Manual covering the NEPA requirements: https://www.fdot.gov/environment/pubs/pdeman/pdeman1.shtm
PD&E/NEPA Recorded Training Opportunities - Links to training videos describing the PD&E (NEPA) Process: https://www.fdot.gov/environment/sched/track3.shtm
SWEPT Training Classes - Links to the StateWide Environmental Project Tracker (SWEPT) training videos: https://www.fdot.gov/environment/sched/track2.shtm
Consultant Procurement Aids - Links to documents that may help when planning for consultant support, if needed. (These are not required to be used by grant recipients, but may be used for informational purposes):
- PD&E Staff Hours Estimation Guidelines and Forms may be used to estimate the anticipated level of effort for various tasks: https://www.fdot.gov/designsupport/scope
- Prequalified PD&E consultants identified by FDOT’s Procurement Office, in accordance with Rule 14-75, F.A.C. Follow the link to a page of various procurement reports. Look for the section entitled "Reports Related to Prequalification." Here you will find a list of consultant firms currently prequalified to provided Professional Services to FDOT. In the report, look in the last column for Work Type 2.0. This indicates that the firm meets the minimum requirements for conducting PD&E Studies. https://www.fdot.gov/procurement/internetreports.shtm
Example Type 1 CE documents for trail projects - Zip files with approved Type 1 CE documents prepared by FDOT for a variety of recreation and trail projects. The zip files contain a PDF of the approved Type 1 CE checklist and the attachments referenced on the PDF. (The links on the PDF will not work unless logged into the FDOT network or SWEPT).
- Graham Swamp Multi-Use Trail and PED Bridge (Zip file)
- Monroe County Rowells Scenic Overlook/Viewing Area (Zip file)
- Multi-Use path along the north side of Perdido Key Drive from Alabama state line to western Perdido Key State Park boundary (Zip file)
Looking for other training opportunities? Visit the OEM Environmental Management Training Academy web page.