Systems Planning Office
About Quality/Level of Service Measurement
FDOT's Quality/Level of Service (Q/LOS) Handbook and accompanying software are intended to be used by engineers, planners, and decision makers in the development and review of roadway capacity and quality/level of service for planning-level analysis.
2010 Highway Capacity Manual
The FDOT Systems Planning Office has transitioned to the use of the 2010 Highway Capacity Manual.
Materials based on the 2010 HCM and the use of Standard K
- 2013 QLOS Handbook
- 2012 Generalized Service Volume Tables (pdf file - 946 kb)
- 2012 LOSPLAN Software
- Significant Changes to the 2010 HCM
- Analysis Technique Differences - 2010 HCM vs. FDOT 2012 LOS
- Information on the Standard K Factor
- Computer Based Overview
- What's New for 2012 QLOS is a quick overview for the experienced user of the 2009 QLOS Tables and Software explaining the updates to the 2012 LOS Tables and Software.
Florida DOT Guidelines
FDOT adopted an internal policy on the application of Level of Service standards and calculation procedures for the many FDOT offices. It is FDOT's statutory authority to maintain operating standards for the State Highway System and adequate mobility through the implementation of LOS standards.
- LOS Policy (PDF - 86 KB)
Level of Service Information by District
In support of the Strategic Intermodal Systems (SIS) Planning Process and other statewide planning applications, each District prepares Level of Service (LOS) information. This information is maintained by each District. All available information is posted on this webpage. If information for a District is not shown, please contact the appropriate District Coordinator, provided in the links below, to request LOS information.